HCMC – The Hanoi government has written to the city’s departments and districts asking them to promptly inspect Loi Song Moi Company’s Minh Chay pâté, a vegetarian paste, after the product had reportedly poisoned several customers.
Two victims who had earlier been undergoing treatment at Bach Mai Hospital in Hanoi City and some others being treated at hospitals in other provinces and cities developed symptoms of fatigue, paralysis, droopy eyelids, difficulty in swallowing and shortness of breath after eating the Minh Chay item, according to the Food Safety Agency under the Ministry of Health.
The Hanoi Department of Health was told to collaborate with the National Food Safety Check Institute to determine the poison in the product to promptly stop its production and consumption.
The city also assigned the Hanoi Department of Agriculture and Rural Development with proactively checking food safety conditions at Loi Song Moi Company and asked it to suspend manufacturing and selling its product as well as recalling the food product in the local market.
The Hanoi Market Surveillance Agency was told to work with other competent agencies to enhance an inspection into the origin of materials used for the production of Loi Song Moi Company’s food products.
To guarantee the health of customers and food safety, the municipal government asked the firm to announce that customers should not consume the purchased Minh Chay pâté.
Apart from this, the government told the municipal Department of Health to review the number of people poisoned by the product.
The municipal department was also tasked with advising customers not to consume the product until the inspection results are announced, Tuoi Tre Online reported.
Customers who used the product and developed abnormal symptoms should contact the healthcare centers at their localities for a medical checkup.
Yesterday, August 30, HCMC reported seven cases of poisoning as a result of the Minh Chay paste. These patients are being treated at the HCMC Hospital for Tropical Diseases and Cho Ray Hospital.