HCMC – The Saigon Times Group will join hands with the HCMC Blood Donation Center to organize a blood drive next Saturday, October 17, to address the chronic blood shortage in the country and save patients in need.
The Blood Donation Day is part of the Saigon Times Group’s celebration of the 29th anniversary of The Saigon Times Weekly on October 10.
According to the National Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, the country is facing an undersupply of blood for transfusion. The Covid-19 pandemic, in particular, has only worsened the shortage. Blood reserves at all hospitals and medical centers are not enough in cases of treatment and emergencies and thousands of patients currently need someone else’s blood to survive.
Given the success of the previous editions of the Blood Donation Day, the Saigon Times Group will continue to organize the activity to benefit patients in need of blood.
The Blood Donation Day is set to take place at the head office of the group at 35 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Street, District 1, HCMC, beginning at 7 a.m.
The Saigon Times Group would like to invite readers to participate in this humanitarian activity.
To register, readers should contact Nhu Huynh on 0981.698.697 or by email at email@example.com or register here no later than October 15, 2020.
1. Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages, milk and coffee prior to the donation.
2. A light meal should be consumed before donating blood.
3. Go to bed early a day before donating blood.
4. Devices and tools used for drawing blood are safe, sterile and for single use only.
5. Employees of the HCMC Blood Donation Center will collect the blood.
6. The human body restores the volume of donated blood after two to three weeks.
7. Donations of 350-450 milliliters of blood are harmless.